Goal setting is an integral part of running a successful business. In this program learn how companies have successfully benchmarked and set goals for sustainability, earning them growth within the business and the ability to create diverse business opportunities.
In this hands on course participants will have the chance to choose a small/medium size business without a sustainability program and asses the business’s current environmental and social impacts. Using the business’s current environmental and social impact information and, with analysis of the data, participants will design a sustainability program for their business of choice which will include an overall strategy along with a set of specific goals and metrics.
Aug 23, 2017 (6pm-8:30pm)
Aug 30, 2017 (6pm-9pm)
Sep 06, 2017 (6pm-8:30pm)
Sep 13, 2017 (6pm-8:30pm)
Sep 20, 2017 (6pm-9pm)
Click here to download a PDF program brochure including an overview, benefits, facilitator information and other program details.
Weekly classes will focus on the primary drivers of sustainability today, including climate change, solid waste, water scarcity, and supply chain responsibility. Participants will also analyze select companies (Procter & Gamble, Kroger) to gain insights into best practices for helping build their own programs.
Sustainability and Goal Setting will meet once a week for five weeks. The course is designed for critical thinking, and development /understanding of how to build and deploy sustainable goals to augment growth.
This program is for anyone within an organization looking to lead/create a sustainable change or sees an opportunity to use sustainability as a driver of corporate growth.
Through your active participation in this program you will be able to:
• Evaluate the current environmental and social impacts of your business.
• Design a sustainability program that will include your overall business strategy and goals.
• Understand the primary drivers of sustainability today, including climate change, solid waste, water scarcity and supply chain responsibility.
Sustainability and Goal Setting will focus on providing an in-depth understanding of primary drivers of environmental and social sustainability today. You’re learning will include:
• An understanding of the drivers of environmental sustainability and social responsibility to develop and an appropriate sustainability strategy.
• Learning how to use this strategy to protect growth/corporate equity and create business opportunities
• Develop an understanding of the complexity involved in making real-world decisions in corporate sustainability.
Dr. Len Sauers is the Vice President, Global Product Stewardship & Sustainability at the Procter & Gamble Company. He leads a 700-person, multi-national department which is responsible for developing and executing the company’s overall strategy for environmental sustainability, conducting human and environmental safety risk assessments for new products and technologies, and ensuring all products are in regulatory compliance. Dr. Sauers has earned advanced degrees in biology and toxicology, is a frequent lecturer at industry symposia and universities, and has published extensively on the subjects of product safety and sustainability.Show More