The most important capacity we possess as human beings as we build relationships is our ability to influence behavior, and the one skill that determines our success as an organization is our capacity to do the same. And when organizational challenges exist or persist, it is frequently because of individuals who behave in ways that perpetuate the challenge. Our results depend on our ability to manage relationships.
Mar 20, 2019 (8:30am-4pm)
Click here to download a PDF program brochure including an overview, benefits, facilitator information and other program details.
This program, led by facilitator Priya Klocek, will feature a fast-paced mixture of discussion and interactive exercises that allow participants to:
• Identify the places you get stuck in managing relationships and conflict, i.e., where they are avoiding conversations or not holding them well
• Participants will explore and practice how adapt their message based on non-verbal clues, and influence others.
• Assessment: MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®) – Communication Style Report will be used as a diagnostic tool. Participant assessments are used as a catalyst to open discussion.
• Identify where individuals encounter challenges in their relationships
• Participants will learn and practice their personal communication style as well as tips and techniques to communicate across the different styles and audiences.
• Participants will also explore how to read body language and adapt their message based on non-verbal clues, through exercises and skills practice.
Priya Dhingra Klocek is a business consultant, executive coach, mentor, and facilitator. Her mission is to help organizations manage and develop their most important assets: People.
Priya has more than 18 years of experience in the corporate sector. Her employers included Ashland Inc, Convergys, Great American Insurance, and Fifth Third Bank. More recently, she served as director of client services for Global Lead Management Consulting, which had clients in the entertainment, utility, healthcare, legal, and financial sectors.
Priya served in various roles and led several global projects during her corporate tenure. She conducted focus groups and 360° feedback sessions, and created and carried out a variety of leadership, cultural, and HR assessments. She was instrumental in the launch of Convergys in India. She was placed in charge of the language and cross-cultural training of employees in both India and the U.S.; the pattern she developed became the company’s standard for all new employees worldwide. She also was instrumental in the launching of Convergys in Europe and the Philippines. Priya expanded her role at Convergys into that of a coach and mentor who helped to bridge the communication and cultural gaps all across the organization.
Priya specializes in leadership development, change management, human resources, and diversity & inclusion (intercultural competence). She leverages her diverse background and work experiences to help her clients navigate and manage complex business issues at home and abroad. She designs solutions that are strategic and forward thinking, yet practical. Besides consulting, Priya is also affiliated with Xavier Universities, Xavier Leadership Center.
Priya is qualified and uses various tools in her practice including the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®), the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI), the EQ-i 2.0 / EQ 360 assessment, EIDI (Emotional Intelligence and Diversity), Social+Emotional Intelligence Profile, LEGOS Serious Play and several Creative Problem Solving tools.
She holds a bachelors degree in business from the College of Mount St. Joseph and a master’s degree in human resource development from Xavier University. She is a certified coach practitioner and in the Prosci Change Management methodology.