- This event has passed.
Lean Certificate Program
January 1, 8:30 am-4:00 pm$2450
This program does not have an upcoming scheduled session.
Please fill out the interest form below to contact an XLC representative to learn more.
What does every business need in order to compete in today’s market? Continuous improvement strategies that respond to customers’ needs in the blink of an eye, lower costs, and improve quality; all at increased speed.
This program in Lean Enterprise Methodologies will take participants through an experiential learning model on how to implement specific Lean Enablers to improve processes within an operation. The experiential learning exercise will be complemented with actual case study results. This program will also cover potential pitfalls to avoid during your implementation or enhancement.
Whether you work in manufacturing or are seeking a leaner process for your work in an office, hospital, or service industry; developing your Lean expertise will reduce your risk of failure, drive meaningful cultural change, and establish best practices that will make a long-term impact.
The Lean Certification classroom experience consists of four intensive days of discussion and interaction, focusing on:
- The basics and history of Lean
- Visual management
- Value-stream mapping
- Error proofing
- Waste reduction
- Lean teams and metrics
The Lean Certificate Program combines highly-specialized classroom experience and work-related homework to move beyond the basic principles. This program is built around applied learning to truly help you master Lean as it relates to real-world situations and problems.
Through this hands-on learning model, you gain an in-depth understanding of the Lean approach and tools. You will use these tools on a real-world, work-related project. After you complete the intensive classroom portion of the certificate program, you’ll undertake an individual project featuring a before-and-after Lean process review, focusing on error reduction and waste elimination. You’ll achieve certification upon demonstrating successful application of Lean principles.
Anyone seeking to gain a portable career credential in Lean leadership skills, or anyone wishing to share and gain Lean knowledge.
Participants will walk away with these skills:
- Creating a Vision, Mission, and Roadmap for Improvement (Strategic Policy Deployment)
- Learning enablers that will insure the sustainability of Change (Visual Standard Operating Procedure (VSOP) and Total Productive Management (TPM))
- Using Enterprise Value Stream Mapping to create “Eyes for Flow” and “Eyes for Waste” to identify and prioritize opportunity improvements
- Understanding the methodology of Workplace Organization (5S+1) to improve Safety, Productivity, and Profitability
- Recognizing the role of Quality in developing highly effective value streams and workflows
- Applying the Lean principle of Jidoka approaches to zero defect manufacturing
- Discussing the Morning Market Process (making quality visible)
- Understanding material flow (i.e. Takt, Push vs. Pull, batch vs. single piece flow)