May 29, 8:30 am-3:30 pm$650
The goal in nearly every communication situation is to connect with others in a way that ensures the intended message gets received accurately, fosters rapport, and builds trust. Communicating in professional environments takes on many forms, each requiring different techniques and approaches.
Participants in this course will learn a 5-Point Framework that will enable the effective delivery of messages in the following settings:
- One-on-one conversations and formal presentations intended to inform and persuade the listener
- Written communication such as emails, internal documents, training materials, and external-facing messages
- Delivering feedback in situations such as performance reviews, project updates, and customer service
- Remote meetings such as Zoom or Teams
This course is highly interactive and is presented through a series of examples, discussions, activities, and games that reinforce the material being presented. Participants will continuously practice the techniques being taught in the course in small and large group settings.
Professionals at all levels who wish to foster better communication skills.
Participants will walk away with these skills:
- Identify the audience, and how to effectively reach them
- How to develop proper messaging to drive response and results
- Write and communicate with a remote workforce in mind
- Tools to enable successful collaboration across internal and external audiences
- Steering difficult or negative conversations to beneficial conclusions