- This event has passed.
Influencing in a Cross-Functional Organization
May 10, 8:30 am-4:00 pm$650
A cross-functional organization is one where multiple reporting lines exist. This may involve direct line or indirect reporting to one or more individuals.
At their best, cross-functional structures can be creative and high-performing. At their worst, they can be a confusing labyrinth of changing players who lack accountability. The skills and behaviors needed to make management a success require a new emphasis on exceptional people skills and methods for influence.
This one-day program will address:
- Self-awareness and preparation
- Establishing clear goals upfront
- A cohesive narrative for persuasion
- Anticipating or dealing with pushback
- Systematic follow through to ensure positive outcomes
Employees at all levels who need to effectively influence others in order to achieve personal, team, and organizational goals will benefit from this program.
Participants will walk away with these skills:
- Identifying personal influencing style, testing out new tactics, and mapping out a territory and relationship blueprint
- Defining clear outcomes and identifying objectives, obstacles, strategies, and tactics
- Learning the art of emotional storytelling, elevator pitches, the hook, and how to avoid the curse of knowledge
- Demonstrating how to test for alignment through listening and responding to concerns and neutralizing defensive and positional responses
- Utilizing approaches for regular check-in to maintain commitment and anticipate obstacles
“I have never been so engaged in a training program! I am going to suggest this program to use at my agency’s retreat. The facilitators were fantastic! Everyone at all levels of my organization can benefit from this course.”
“With the negotiation techniques I learned in this program, I will be better equipped to handle conflicts. Overall, I think this program will definitely help me be a better manager, which will ultimately result in a stronger more effective team.”
“This is the best program—EVER. And I work in sales training. The facilitators were great and their experience and perspective from ‘outside’ the business world was new, refreshing, and I would even say, more valuable.”
— David, Cisco