Critical Conversations for Managing Conflict
March 30, 8:30 am-4:00 pm$650
When we are stuck because we are avoiding a needed conversation, or having the same conversation more often than we want, it is a sign that we are talking but not really conversing. Learning the proven skills that help frame how, when, and what we say can yield amazing results. These tools improve relationships, reduce stress, minimize conflict, improve productivity, and best of all, increase our ability to be effective.
This fast-paced discussion-based program will feature interactive exercises that allow participants to gain critical conversation tools, such as:
- Identifying roadblocks to managing relationships and conflict
- Learning to practice and apply specific skills geared toward effectiveness
- Recognizing and addressing individuals displaying disruptive behavior
- Focusing on interactions common to the corporate environment
Anyone who is a member of a team, small or large, or is a leader that manages one or more teams within the organization.
Participants will walk away with these skills:
- Developing the ability to communicate effectively, even in difficult situations
- Using strategies to create and maintain good working relationships
- Learning strategies to remain calm,respectful, and rational during heated discussions
- Applying different communication methods to achieve maximum results
- Practicing in a variety of communication styles that may be used in specific situations